Things have seriously changed! It can be a scary place for someone trying to build a business via the internet.
Over the years, more and more businesses took to the internet... more and more businesses were created... It amazes me how many businesses have come and gone over the past 11 years.
For me... I am still here... with the same company and the same team.
Sure, we do things differently now... but that's a GREAT thing. We must keep up with the times. The internet changes daily. The question is... HOW DO WE KEEP UP??
We see the ads everywhere. People advertising their services to teach you how to generate more contacts. How to advertise online.. some even offer to do the advertising for you. But none of this comes without a cost. Will it actually get you further ahead? Or are these people just looking for ways to tap into a market, to make some money saying they will educate you... they will help you... they will mentor you... guide you...etc...??
When you are looking for a recipe, where do you turn? What about to read a movie review? To research a product? To find a store? To find solutions to a health problem? We all turn to the internet. Again, how times have changed. How much does it cost you to do this research? It costs nothing. So then, does it not make sense that if you search hard enough you will find all types of information for free? Why then are people charging such astronomical amounts of money to teach you how to build a business online? Oh, right, because the internet has changed.
Finding contacts and building an online business takes work. Being successful in your business takes time amd work. There is no such thing as "get rich quick".
What is your target market? What types of people are you looking for? Go to where these people are... google, google, google. Network with people. Always remember ~~~ No one cares how much you know till they know how much you care!
If you are jumping from business to business... people will not look at you as someone with integrity. It tells people you don't really believe in what you're doing. You are simply looking to make money. And, you might actually make some money... but it WILL NOT LAST.
To be successful:
- Find a company you can truly believe in. (this includes believing in the product or service they provide as well as understanding and believing in the compensation plan)
- Go through the training provided by your company/team/mentor (this should NOT cost you extra money)
- Use your mentor... they got you started... now use them to really get you moving. Do NOT wait for them to call you --- Be the squeeky wheel! Call them, email them....Show them you are serious!
- Attend every training call that your team provides. By showing up, it tells your mentor that you are someone who is SERIOUS!
- Set time aside to build your business. This can be tough with young kids at home, or working around a job... but it CAN be done! 30 minutes here, 30 minutes there... etc...
- Be willing to make sacrifices. I am talking unproductive things that take up your time... TV for example... how many evenings do you spend sitting in front of that box? How much money does that generate for you?
- Make your family part of your goal setting. If they understand why you are doing what you're doing, they will be your biggest cheerleaders!!
- Have a thick skin! Not everyone you talk to will be as excited about your business as you are. If they aren't, who cares... MOVE ON!
- Take ownership. This is YOUR business. Do not sit there and wait for someone to do it for you. It's up to you to make this happen.
- HAVE FUN! If you aren't passionate about what you're doing.. it will be transparent.
Working from home doesn't have to be intimidating... it can be whatever you choose it to be!