Turning Dreams Into Reality....

Sunday, December 12, 2010

They don't smell toxic.... HUH??

I find some things very interesting and rather bizarre.  As a parent, I am always worried about my kids.  We all want the best for our kids.  When we find out we're pregnant, our whole life changes immediately.  We try to eat as healthy as we can, we take the prenatal vitamins, we don't drink alcohol, etc...  It's always in the back of our minds... will this hurt the baby.
As the due date comes closer, we're getting everything we need for the baby that we'll soon bring home.  We make sure we're buying a safe car seat and crib.  We worry so much about that baby's safety.
Then we get products like Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo, bubble bath, lotions, and more.  We clean, clean, clean to make sure the home is nice and clean for the baby.
But how many of us never even think of the safety of these types of products??  I know I sure didn't.  The products are sold... so they're safe... right?
Why are we so trusting?
I was on a message board about safe cleaning products and people were recommending Mr Clean Magic Erasers because "they don't smell toxic".  REALLY???  They don't SMELL??  Ummmm ok.  Do all toxic chemicals smell?  No they do NOT!
Come on people!  Do some research.  It drives me insane.  I am always on different message boards online... it simply amazes me what people think is safe.
I will admit, I was pretty naive 14 years ago when I had my first baby.  But it didn't take me long to start researching what the heck I was cleaning with... what I was washing baby's clothes in and what I was bathing him in.
I didn't have a lot of money and sure couldn't go and pay the amount of money the stores wanted for "all natural" products.  The few that I did try, didn't work!  They didn't clean worth crap.
We all have options though.  Do some research, spend some time looking at what you're using in your home.  There ARE safer alternatives that do NOT cost a fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment